How Custom Drainage Systems Can Improve Your Yard’s Health
How Custom Drainage Systems Can Improve Your Yard’s Health
Proper lawn care is imperative to keep your greenery thriving and your home and yard healthy and safe for an enjoyable space to be relished anytime you want. However, for your yard to reach its peak, it requires adequate irrigation and drainage, which an irrigation and drainage system provides, and they can also be customized to fit your particular outdoor area and features for maximum results.
We are one of the few irrigation companies in St Louis Mo that specializes in custom irrigation systems and custom drainage systems. In fact, it is our primary goal to ensure the right design and installation of your systems for superior an outcome that enables you to take more exceptional pride in your property and, in many cases, also helps to increase your property’s worth. A gorgeous lawn is often accredited to the high sale of a property.
Custom Irrigation Systems
Once your landscape is laid out, it requires water to help it flourish; otherwise, any lush greenery and plants will begin to wilt and lose their vibrancy, and you may even begin to notice dry patches throughout your lawn, which can deprive your yard of its beauty.
It may seem practical to depend on the rain to keep your landscape nourished; however, the rain doesn’t always fall according to your plants’ watering schedule, which can leave them thirsty and low on water.
In the meantime, you could grab the hose and water your yard yourself, which can be time-consuming, not to mention it’s blistering hot during the dog days of summer, which can also put you at risk of dehydration. You may also consider installing an irrigation system to keep your yard hydrated during times of low rainfall.
An irrigation system works by providing water from a pump to your lawn during the times when it needs it, thus keeping your landscaping healthy and lush. The system is installed right in your yard for the water to be distributed, and in doing so, provides various benefits, including improved soil carbon storage, which helps lower carbon dioxide in the air. Most systems are also automated, which means it can be programmed to water your landscape only when needed, and it is also designed to direct just the right amount of water and only to necessary areas, which helps prevent over or under watering your lawn.
Our irrigation companies in St Louis Mo custom irrigation systems take your irrigation needs a step further by providing an irrigation system tailored to your specific yard size and layout, greenery type, and climate, for a more efficient system that helps save water and thus best bang for your buck.
Your choice of custom irrigation systems include:
- Pop-up sprinkler systems – These are the most popular type of underground irrigation systems. These systems use a sprinkler head with a water throw of usually anywhere between 4 to 80 feet or more, depending on your yard size. The sprinkler heads simply remain in the ground until ready to be used, during which time, the heads will emerge and disperse water throughout the lawn. Once the system is done, the sprinkler heads retract back into the ground.
- There are also above-ground irrigation systems, as well as various sprinkler head types and spray patterns to choose from, with which irrigation companies in St Louis Mo are familiar. There are multiple options to choose from, and the professionals can help you select the right choice for your yard and budget.
- Low drip systems – disperse water to your lawn in various ways, including via a drip, stream, or spray, which helps keep your soil moist but with less water and pressure than other irrigation systems. However, because they are above-ground systems, they may not be suitable for watering certain areas.
- Regular flow and low flow systems – These are the two main options for irrigation systems, or you may even be able to utilize both types of systems in one yard, depending on your situation. Regular flow irrigation systems include rotor, fixed spray, soaker hose, impact, and bubbler. Meanwhile, low flow irrigation systems utilize drip lines, micro-spray, or drip emitters to deliver water.
Custom Drainage Systems
Without proper drainage, your yard can quickly turn into a muddy, watery mess following heavy precipitation, lawn and garden watering, or any other time a large amount of water is present on your lawn.
When your lawn is saturated with water, the excess water needs somewhere to go; otherwise, it is forced to remain in your yard where it will continue to build up, eventually resulting in pools of water throughout your yard. This can not only cause your soil and plants to become over-watered, which can destroy their roots, but it can also cause the soil to wear away, robbing your yard of the nutrients and organic materials it needs to thrive.
If the water is left to stand, it can also eventually make its way to your home’s foundation, where it can begin to weaken the structure, as well as seep into your home and cause flooding, which can also cause structural damage. Once the inside of your home has become flooded, it can also compromise the air quality, as excessive moisture encourages mold growth, which has been linked to breathing issues, allergic reactions, and other health issues.
A proper drainage system helps divert water away from your property, which helps keep your environment healthy and safe. It also helps preserve your greenery’s roots, which helps encourage the full development of your lawn and plants.
At Hydro Dynamics, one of the leading irrigation companies in St Louis Mo, our custom drainage systems give you further peace of mind knowing your drainage system is uniquely designed to handle the issues affecting your specific yard. Taking into account your area’s weather conditions, your yard’s unique features, and more, we create a tailored solution you can trust.
Some of our custom drainage systems include:
- Sump pumps – Sump pumps are often used in areas that have no or inadequate slopes, in which case, the sump pump is used to force water upward away from your yard. They can also be incorporated with just about any other drainage solution for maximum results.
- Surface and area drains – These are designed to rid pools of water from your yard. They work by trapping run water or water flowing across your yard with drain boxes that then utilizes a pipe to carry it away from the property, which helps eliminate standing water in your yard.
- French drainage systems – Also known as subsurface drainage systems, are often used to eliminate standing water or soggy areas near structures. This drainage system utilizes a pipe with holes in it that are then surrounded by gravel. This allows water to run in and out of the pipe holes and through the gravel, where it is then reabsorbed back into the soil. Or, it can be used to divert water away from unwanted areas to more suitable areas. They can even be designed to collect water for other drainage systems.
- Gutter and downspout drains – These are used to expand your current downspouts away from your foundation into a drainage system where it can be directed to more suitable areas to be reabsorbed.
- Drain tile systems – Utilizes flexible, grooved drain tiles to relocate gathering water on your property, and back into surrounding soils for re-absorption. Because the drain tiles are so flexible and durable, they are suitable for a wide range of applications.
We Will Begin With an Assessment of Your Yard for Custom Irrigation Systems and Custom Drainage Systems
No matter the size of your yard or its characteristics, Hydro Dynamics Corp., one of the leading irrigation companies in St Louis Mo have custom irrigation and custom drainage systems solutions for you. However, to design the most effective system for your yard, we must assess your yard for various important factors that will help determine the right custom irrigation systems and custom drainage systems and design for your specific outdoor space.
We are one of the leading professional irrigation companies in St Louis Mo, and our team will come directly to your property and take note of its unique characteristics, including the slope, soil type, plant materials, and sun and wind conditions. They will also observe the water conditions affecting your property, such as the surface runoff in the case of a drainage system, or the measurement of water flow in the case of an irrigation system.
This information will then be used to design, plan, and install your custom irrigation systems and/or custom drainage systems. This process includes taking into account the following: how the pipes are sized, the type of irrigation heads used, whether you require a low flow or regular flow irrigation system, and the type of drains used for your custom drainage systems — all of this to ensure the best possible outcomes for abundant greenery and a hazard-free environment.
If your irrigation or drainage system involves excavating your yard to install the system, we will first identify the appropriate spot or spots for the application before proceeding.
Once the trench is dug, and the pipes are successfully placed, we will then replace the soil, along with the grass, to its original position. If needed, we will spread sod or grass seed over the area, using the same type of grass or grass seed as your existing grass, to help restore your lawn. You will also be instructed on how to care for your new lawn afterward to help spur its growth.
If your system is an above-ground system, such as with an above-ground sprinkler system, the system will be placed according to the design scheme and then secured in place using one of the various attachments. We will then replace any plants or other garden or lawn materials that were disturbed during the process to restore your yard like new.
In other words, whichever system we install, our irrigation professionals make it a point to provide you with an expert installation you can rely on, as well as to restore your yard to a better condition, with results improving over time, so you never even notice you had work done. If you’d like, you can also schedule regular turf maintenance services for faster results.
Custom irrigation systems and custom drainage systems are our business. In fact, as one of the leading irrigation companies in St Louis Mo, we have been providing residents of St Louis with custom irrigation and drainage systems for over 40 years. As a result, we have had plenty of time to perfect our custom designs, as well as our installations for superior service you can look forward to and that we pride ourselves on providing.
As part of our commitment to quality, we also ensure the systems we use offer maximum efficiency for cost-effective drainage and irrigation solutions that won’t break the bank. Our irrigation systems also remain up to date on the latest technology involving custom irrigation and custom drainage systems to ensure we continue to provide our clients with the best and most efficient irrigation and drainage systems on the market. We can also work with any current plan you already have to help make it more efficient.
We are also knowledgeable in Missouri water regulations and codes and, in many cases, can also install other functional yard drainage installations as needed, such as a stormwater system that may be required by your county or municipal code. We also use code friendly materials to ensure compliance further. Or we can incorporate hardscape features, such as a retaining wall, to help manage stormwater runoff on your property. This way, any surface runoff will be directed to shallow pits in your landscape, where it will be filtered to support the ecosystem.
If your main concern is water conservation, we can also work with you to incorporate more hardscape features into your yard to help eliminate water-thirsty greenery, which helps conserve water. As one of the leading irrigation companies in St Louis Mo, we understand that hardscape features can also be used to help direct rainwater to nearby plants, which also helps save water.
Whether you are seeking to conserve water or you are interested in custom drainage systems to help prevent standing, pooling, or flooding water in your yard, we offer a wide range of options and are confident we can provide a solution for you. Contact Hydro Dynamics Corp. today for a consultation and let’s get started.